Connection Points 2-4-18 (Joshua 5:13-6:2)
Most Sunday School children know the account of the Fall of Jericho when the walls came tumbling down. Our Scripture reading today introduces that account and includes these key words from the Lord, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands…”. Remember this is before the walls come down, and so Joshua and the people must take God at His word.
God has given us a Word of promise as well. Through the work of His Son Jesus we have everlasting life to look forward to. Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us. It is a done deal. God even gives us the Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come. So, go out and live with courage – trusting God’s promises along the way. You know how the story ends!
Connection Point Discussion Questions 2-4-18
- Read Joshua 5:13-6:2
- What questions did you have about the reading, the message, or the devotions?
- What “walls” have you had to deal with in your life?
- Can you think of times when the Lord has given and the Lord has taken away in your life?
- God told Joshua what was going to happen. How has God already told us what is going to happen?
- The Israelites had to walk in circles for 6 days before the Lord made something happen. Do you ever feel like you are walking in circles in life? Why is it difficult to “keep walking”?
- When we do have “wins” in our life it is tempting to take the credit for ourselves. Scripture reminds us that the one who boasts should boast in the Lord. How does that apply to your life today?