Connection Points 3-4-18 (Galatians 3:21-29)
Reading Galatians might make you think that Paul doesn’t care about the law because he focuses so much on the Gospel. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In the Galatians reading this week we find out the purpose of the law. The law shows us just how broken we are. Without the law we don’t recognize just how sinful we are. Without the law we don’t know there is a problem, and thus the Gospel is then rejected because who needs a Savior if we are not in any trouble.
No analogy is perfect, but I often think of the law like those scary warning lights that flash at me in my car when the tire pressure is off, my gas level is low, and of course the dreaded check engine light. Without these warning I wouldn’t know I needed help. Without the law, we wouldn’t know we needed a Savior.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 3-4-18
- Read Galatians 3:21-29 & Romans 7:7-13
- What stuck with you from the readings, sermon, or devotion this week?
- How does the law level the playing field for all people?
- How does the Gospel level the playing field as well?
- What is it that the law shows us? What is the primary purpose of the Law?
- What does Paul imply would happen if there was no law?
- When we were baptized we were “clothed with Christ.” Why does this help us?
Click Here for the Sermon Clip