Connection Points 4-1-18 (1 Corinthians 15:51-58 & Mark 16:1-8)
Easter is always a great reminder of what’s in store for us. The trials of life, our sinful nature, and the devil himself cause us to forget what our future in Christ looks like. Our future is one of hope, joy, and best of all LIFE! Every day we see death staring us in the face. We feel death in our bones, we see it in society, and we mourn when it takes a loved one away. This weekend we were reminded that sin, death, and the devil are real. But we were also reminded that Jesus took our sin to the cross, Jesus left the grave empty, and Jesus crushed the serpent’s head. Death has indeed been swallowed up in victory. That victory is ours in Christ Jesus our Lord. Your work, your faith, and your love are not in vain because you know that your future (Today, Tomorrow, and Forever) is wrapped up in the crucified and RISEN Jesus!
Connection Point Discussion Questions 4-1-18
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 & Mark 16:1-8)
- What stuck out to you from the readings, the sermon, or the devotion this week?
- What makes Easter so great for you personally?
- What are the things of life that sometimes distract you from the good news of the resurrection?
- How does knowing how the story ends impact the way you live today?
- How do we as Christians deal with death today? How does this compare/contrast with how unbelievers deal with death?
- What is your favorite part of the Easter account?