CLICK HERE TO READ Luke 24:36-49
Connection Points 4-15-18 (Luke 24:36-49, Philippians 4:8-9, Romans 12:3)
The resurrection surprised the disciples, but after Jesus opened their minds to the Scriptures everything made sense. The resurrection is still a surprise to some people today – maybe even some of you. But if we go to the Scriptures, the Holy Spirit begins to open our minds as well and we find that the Bible is full of a crucified and risen Jesus. It is amazing how things changed after the resurrection. The disciples went from being confused and afraid to being bold witnesses to the resurrected Lord. The resurrected Jesus changed their lives!
The resurrected Jesus is still changing lives today. When people read or hear the message of the Gospel the Spirit goes to work and people are drawn into the Kingdom. God has enlisted us to be proclaimers of this Gospel. The resurrected Jesus is alive and well, and by the power of the Spirit – So are you!
Connection Point Discussion Questions 4-15-18
- Read Luke 24:36-49. Philippians 4:8-9 & Romans 12:3
- What do you remember from the readings, the sermon, or the devotion this week?
- The disciples were surprised to see Jesus. What surprises you about Jesus? How has Jesus surprised you in your life?
- Jesus opens the minds of the disciples so that they could see what? What ate the Scriptures really all about?
- The disciples obviously knew the Scriptures and yet didn’t understand before the resurrection. What changed? Who had to show up?
- You could say this is still true in life today. Who must show up in order for someone to believe? How does He show up today?