CLICK HERE TO READ Proverbs 17:22
CLICK HERE TO READ Ecclesiastes 3:11
Connection Points 4-22-18 (John 10:11-18, Proverbs 17:22 & 27:19, Ecclesiastes 3:11)
The last couple of weeks of Easter we have been hearing the resurrected Jesus talk of peace. This week’s Gospel reveals why we can find peace in Jesus. The resurrected Lord is our Good Shepherd. He cares for us, leads us, and is willing to die for us. When we are lost he finds us. When we are hurting he heals us. When we are confused, uncertain, and fearful he brings us peace.
There will still be heartache, brokenness, and even physical death for the Lord’s flock in this life. But we can find peace in the Good Shepherd Jesus because he has taken care of the only enemy that can do us real harm. The crucified and risen Good Shepherd has conquered the devil and paid the price for your sin. It is really good to be one of the Lord’s little lambs.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 4-22-18
- Read John 10:1-18
- What do you remember most from the reading, sermon, or devotion this week?
- What characteristic of a shepherd do you think you would appreciate the most if you were a sheep?
- How has God used other people to be “shepherds” in your life?
- How has God called you to be a shepherd others?
- Why can only Jesus be the one true Good Shepherd?
- What authority does Jesus have as the Good Shepherd?