Weekly Scripture Reading:
This Week’s Scripture Reading: Proverbs 31:29-31, Titus 2:3-5, Luke 1:39-45
Connection Points 5-13-18 (Proverbs 31:29-31, Titus 2:3-5, Luke 1:39-45)
God knew what he was doing when he made women. You may not be used to hearing words like that from a pastor, but it’s true. Granted, he also knew what he was doing when he made men. He knew what he was doing when he made the animals, the mountains, and the entire universe. That’s the point – God knew what he was doing. This creation, though tainted by sin, works perfectly just the way God planned it. We humans do the best we can to mess it up. We don’t care for creation, we worship idols, and we love ourselves above everything else.
But today, as we celebrate the gift of mothers and other godly women, we rejoice that God knew what he was doing.
Connection Point Discussion Questions
- Read Proverbs 31:29-31, Titus 2:3-5, Luke 1:39-45
- What questions or ideas jumped out at you from the readings, sermon, or devotion?
- Who are some of the great women in your life?
- How has their example of faith encouraged you?
- Can you name some of the women God use in mighty ways in the Bible?
- What do the Scriptures say about honoring the women in our lives?
- What parts of God’s entire creation do you find most amazing?