Weekly Scripture Reading:
This Week’s Scripture Reading: Titus 2:1-2 & 6-8, Proverbs 1:7-9, John 1:15-18
Connection Points 5-20-18 (Titus 2:1-2 & 6-8, Proverbs 1:7-9, John 1:15-18)
Is there a God? This is a question many people have pondered over the years. As Christians, we would say, “Yes, there is a God.” The next logical question is of course: Who is God or what is he like? The Holy Spirit working through the Word of God reveals the answer. If you want to see God or know what God is like, just look at Jesus. As we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost Day, we remember that the Spirit opens our hearts and minds to see Jesus. This is important because Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus reveals the Father. Jesus lived, died, rose, and ascended so that we may have life and forgiveness of sins. So, the Spirit reveals Jesus and Jesus reveals who God is and what he is like. He is faithful, and his steadfast love endures forever.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 5-20-18
- Read Titus 2:1-2 & 6-8, Proverbs 1:7-9, John 1:15-18
- What do you remember from the readings, sermon, or devotion?
- Can you recall a time in life when you wondered about God?
- What can we learn about God by looking at Jesus?
- How does one come to faith? What role does the Spirit play?
- What are the primary ways that the Spirit works today to reveal Jesus? (Read Matthew 28:18-20)
- God doesn’t just know you – He loves you! Why do you think this is difficult for some people to believe?
- Will everyone who hears the message of Jesus believe? Why not?