This Week’s Scripture Reading: 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 , Mark 4:26-34,
Connection Points 6-17-18 (2 Corinthians 5:1-10 & Mark 4:26-34)
The Kingdom of God is growing. If you turn on the news, check out social media, or watch church attendance shrink you might think otherwise. But I’ll say it again – The Kingdom of God is growing! The Kingdom of God is growing because it is the Spirit that grows the Church through the Seed of the Gospel. Babies are baptized, sins are forgiven, the hurting are cared for and loved, saints die in Christ, and the Church is strengthened with the Body and Blood of Jesus. The Kingdom of God is growing!
As Immanuel begins the search for a new senior pastor, I remind you that the Kingdom of God is growing. It will grow with or without you. God will continue to do His work in this place as long as we cling to the One who clings to us – Our Lord and Savior Jesus. Consider how the Spirit is using you to plant the Seed of Jesus in the lives of those living in darkness.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 6-17-18
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 & Mark 4:26-34)
- What do you remember from the readings, sermon, or devotion this week?
- When is it hard to believe that the Kingdom of God is growing?
- Where do we see evidence that it is indeed growing?
- The 2 Corinthians text reminds us that we live by faith and not by sight. Where in your life is this most evident?
- The Kingdom grows without us always understanding why and how. But we do know that there is one thing that is required – What is it?
- The Gospel Seed can produce in the most unlikely places. Can you think of some examples of when this is true?