This Week’s Scripture Reading: Luke 24:44-53, Romans 10:11-17, and Isaiah 62:1-7
Connection Points 7-15-18 (Luke 24:44-53, Romans 10:11-17 & Isaiah 62:1-7)
“You are witness of these things.” Jesus spoke these words to the disciples after His resurrection and after opening their minds to the Scriptures. Later the Holy Spirit would send them out to proclaim the Gospel to all people. The Gospel is the life saving message of a crucified and risen Jesus. The devil tries to get us Christians to proclaim other things to the world instead of Christ. He tries to get us to turn inward and forget about proclaiming the Name that is above all names. Keep Jesus in the conversation and pray for those who go out into the world to share the Gospel message with people who have never heard it before. As you fulfill your duties in life, be prepared to share the hope you have in Christ.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 7-15-18
- Read Luke 24:44-53, Romans 10:11-17 & Isaiah 62:1-7
- What impacted you the most from the readings, message, or devotion this week?
- What are some ways that the church gets off focus in terms of the message it shares with the world?
- Why do you think this happens so often?
- What happens if we leave Jesus out of the mix?
- What are ways we can support missionaries overseas?
- What are some ways that each and every one of us can be missionaries every day in our homes, communities, and work places?
- What are some ways we can share Christ without being offensive or over bearing? What must always accompany the truth of the Gospel? (I’ll give you a hint – It rhymes with dove and begins with the letter “L”)