This Week’s Scripture Reading: Luke 24:44-53, Romans 10:11-17, and Isaiah 62:1-7
Connection Points 7-29-18 (Ephesians 2:1-10)
If you could only read ten verses in the entire Bible – These would be the verses to read. If you wanted to give someone a snap shot of what the Christian faith was all about – This is where you would point them. This short little section of Scripture addresses all the important issues of life and faith. It lays out the problems of sin and death, the beauty of God’s love and grace, the promises connected to the death and resurrection of Jesus, and the reality of what we were created to be and what we were created to do.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 7-29-18 (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10
- What do you remember from the reading, sermon, or devotion this week?
- How would you summarize these ten verses in your own words?
- What do these verses say about where all of us begin our spiritual journey?
- Why don’t people like admitting that they started out “dead in their sin”?
- Where does the great transition in this reading take place? What is it that makes this a Good News reading even though it began as such a bad news reading?
- What was God’s motivation? How did God do His saving work?
- How is God still at work in us today?