This Week’s Scripture Reading: Ephesians 2:19-3:6, Mark 6:45-56
Connection Points 8-5-18 (Ephesians 2:19-3:6)
Paul uses several illustrations to make the same point. You and I have been brought into the Kingdom of God. We are no longer aliens but citizens. We are no longer strangers but family. We were useless but now we are building blocks in the temple of a Holy God built upon the Cornerstone – Jesus Christ! Through the Gospel we have been untied as one in Christ.
There are many things that bring us closer together and many things that unfortunately separate us as human beings. In Ephesians, Paul wants us to see that as believers in Christ we have a unity, a bond, or a connection as the Body of Christ that is greater than anything on earth. In 1st Corinthians Paul says it this way, “Now you are the Body of Christ and each one of you is part of it.”
Connection Point Discussion Questions 8-5-18
- Read Ephesians 2:19-3:6
- What stuck with you from the reading, sermon, or devotion?
- Why was there a separation between the Jews and the Gentiles in Paul’s day?
- What types of separations exist today in our world?
- Why do these separations exist? (Beyond the obvious answer of sin)
- What was the answer to bring the Jews and Gentiles together?
- What is ultimately the only answer that can bring people together today?