This Week’s Scripture Reading: Psalm 85, Mark 9:38-50
Connection Points 9-30-18 (Psalm 85 & Mark 9:38-50)
Our sermon series on the Armor of God continues this week with the SHOES! Everyone knows that shoes are important. It’s also important to make sure you have the right kind of shoes for the right kind of activity. High heels don’t work when running a marathon and flipflops don’t work in the snow. Ephesians 6:15 reminds us that we are ready or prepared because our feet are fitted with the gospel of peace.
Whether we are going out into the world or standing our ground, the Christian stands/walks in the Gospel. Our lives are built on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ. All other ground is indeed sinking sand. It may be tempting to try on some different shoes, but when it comes to faith, life, and salvation, may your feet always be wrapped up in the Gospel.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 6-30-18
- Read Ephesians 6:10-20 and Romans 1:16-17)
- What questions did you have about this week’s message?
- What are your favorite kind of shoes? How any kinds of shoes do you have?
- Why are the right shoes important for the right job?
- As we go into the world, what might be some of the difficult terrain we encounter?
- As we stand our ground, what types of things try to knock us off balance?
- Why is the Gospel the only place to stand and the only way to be prepared for attacks of the devil and your sinful nature?