This Week’s Scripture Reading:
Connection Points 1-6-19 (Ephesians 3:1-12)
An “Epiphany” is an awakening, an idea, or a light bulb comes on and everything makes sense. If you are lost, confused, or living life in the dark, an “Epiphany” is a good thing. But sometimes life gets really dark, things get really confusing, and you are so lost you can’t find your way. We find ourselves in this situation because of our sin and because this is a sinful and broken world. Here is the Good News of the Gospel: Jesus the “Light of the World” comes to you.
Jesus lived the perfect life we couldn’t live. He died the death we should’ve died. Then He rose from the dead to show that through faith in Him we too shall rise and live a new life. If you’re confused, lost, or feel like life is getting dark then please know that Jesus came to bring light into your life. He lived, died, and rose for you. The season of Epiphany reminds us that Jesus is not afraid of the dark. He finds you and turns darkness into light.
Connection Point Discussion Questions 1-6-19
- Read Ephesians 3:1-12
- What questions did you have about the readings, sermon, or devotion this week?
- Can you recall any “Epiphanies” in your life whether spiritual or otherwise?
- Why is it that we sinners tend to like the darkness?
- What is scary about coming out into the light?
- What does the light of the Gospel reveal? What are the mysteries or truths that are revealed by the Gospel?
- What Good News does the light of the Gospel reveal?